Watch these: Along with “a network of partners”, Say No to Big Money and People For the American Way have come up with an innovative way to allow citizens to express themselves regarding the Citizens United decision and other tactics which retard democracy in the United States. As their website says, they have created a
“‘$64,000 Democracy For All Video Challenge,’ a contest seeking to tap into the creative potential of Americans of all political stripes with short videos in support of a constitutional amendment to overturn cases like Citizens United and get big money out of politics. The goal is two-fold: to encourage activists and filmmakers, both brand-new and experienced, to create videos highlighting the need for money in politics reform, and to use those videos to inspire action in support of the Democracy For All Amendment.”
Judges for the $25,000 grand prize will be:
- Michael Moore: Academy Award winning documentarian
- Norman Lear: legendary television producer and cofounder of People For the American Way
- Kathleen Turner: advocate and Academy Award-nominated actress
- Dolores Huerta: civil rights activist and cofounder of United Farm Workers
- Kelly Nyks: award-winning documentary filmmaker
- Stacey Reiss: Emmy Award-winning television news producer
- Ginna Green: managing director for money in politics and fair courts at nonprofit communications firm ReThink Media.
Take a look at the films already submitted on the link below. I think you will enjoy many of them and it is interesting to see the perspective of individual creators. You might even want to get involved or make a donation.